The Bollywood movie industry has been influenced by biopics and movies have made their way to the big screen from time to time. From Sardar Udham Singh to Major, Shershaah, Shaurya, Omerta, Soorma, M.S. Dhoni, Neerja to Manto, Pan Singh Tomar, Aligarh to Manjhi, Super 30, Jersey, and so much more, these movies depict the real lives of characters who have been an important part of our lives.
Now a new biopic of Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw is soon going to hit the silver screen, where a cinema lover can live and experience the life of Sam Manekshaw. And the role of Sam Manekshaw is played by none other than Uri fame Vicky Kaushal.
Sam Bahadur Movie
The movie Sam Bahadur is based on the life of late Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw. He is one of the most decorated army officers in India. Vicky Kaushal the lead actor will be seen as Sam Manekshaw in the movie Sam Bahadur. Sam Manekshaw is popular by the title of Sam Bahadur.
For over four decades, Sam Manekshaw served in the Indian Army, fighting in five wars: World War II (1942), the Indo-Pak Partition War (1947), the Sino-Indian War (1962), the Indo-Pak War (1965), and Bangladesh Liberation War (1971). In addition to being awarded the Padma Bhushan, the Padma Vibhushan, and the Military Cross for gallantry during World War II, he is known to have cheated death countless times during his tenure. Moreover, he was the first Indian army officer to be promoted to the rank of Field Marshal.
Sam Bahadur Teaser Review
Vicky Kaushal’s ‘Sam Bahadur’ trailer was unveiled in the presence of Army Chief General Manoj Pande and the film’s entire team.
The trailer gives a glimpse into the life of one of India’s greatest soldiers during the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war. Bringing the suave charm of Manekshaw, a no-nonsense man with a dynamic personality, Vicky is perfect for the role. A role like this could not have been done justice by anyone else except the talented actor.
In the trailer of Sam Bahadur, it shows a glimpse of Sam Manekshaw’s romantic life with his wife Siloo. And Sanya Malhotra is playing the role of Siloo, the wife of Late Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw. Moreover, the teaser also shows Fatima Sana Shaikh as the former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. Fatima Sana Shaikh is also a no-nonsense like Sam Manekshaw.
Reaction of Netizens
The Netizens have applauded Vicky Kaushal for his brilliant acting skills and even called the movie Sam Bahadur a Blockbuster.
The teaser has also been shared on social media by an Indian Film Critic – Taran Adarsh.
Vicky Kaushal comments on the Movie: Sam Bahadur
‘I’m grateful to Meghna Gulzar for casting me in this role,’ Vicky said. As she mentioned the script while we were filming ‘Raazi,’ I searched for him to see how he looked since my father and mother had told me a lot about him, but I’d never seen Sam Manekshaw up close. Because I thought he was so handsome when I first saw him, I was amazed Meghna gave me this role.
Vicky further said, “Me and Meghna did a lot of research work on how he walks and talks, his mannerisms.” We looked at his videos, read a lot about him, and talked about the script for approximately five or six hours. So, bringing such a person to life requires a lot of effort. There are no Sundays or days off. There was constant planning. We met his family members, and they were quite helpful. I have roughly 200 images of him on my phone to document every stage of his existence.”
Cast of the movie Sam Bahadur
- Vicky Kaushal as Late Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw
- Sanya Malhotra as Silloo Manekshaw, Wife of Sam Manekshaw
- Fatima Sana Shaikh as Former Indian Prime Minister – Indira Gandhi
- Neeraj Kabi as Jawaharlal Nehru
- Edward Sonnenblick as Lord Mountbatten
- Govind Namdev as Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
- Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub as Yahya Khan
- Bobby Arora as Major O. S. Kalkat
- Rajiv Kachroo as Hormusji Manekshaw
- Ed Robinson as Lt. D.A.D. Eykyn
- Jeffrey Goldberg as Henry Kissinger
- Krishnakant Singh Bundela as Subedar Gurbaksh Singh
- Keita Arai as Army General
- Monuj Borkotoky as Assam Rifles Major
- Paul O’Neill as Major General David Cowan
- Ravi Sharma as Abdul Hamid Khan, General of Pakistan
- Richard Bhakti Klein as Ambassador Kenneth Keating
- Richard Maddison as Lt. Col. Donnie Edwards
- Sammy Jonas Heaney as Captain McLaren
- Saqib Ayub as Captain Attiqur Rehman
- Upen Chauhan as Tikka Khan
- Prajesh Kashyap as Haji Iftikhar
What is the budget for this film Sam Bahadur?
The overall budget of the movie Sam Bahadur is 50 Crores.